Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Eid
This is briefly how I celebrated Eid this year:
As I'm too lazy to type.. let the photos, apart from the post by Syada, do the job.

People all walking to the masjid.. subhanallah..such a touching moment

Syada & Rym at Lakemba Mosque..while waiting for the prayer

Lakemba Mosque

1 Syawal 1428..at teratak Nisa dan rakan-rakan at 82

2 Syawal

Eid Celebration on Syawal 4

Khas buat Ainee.. the cake i bake

I really love Eid this year. Probably this is the last chance for me to celebrate it overseas. Sad that it's the last. All I know is I'm going to miss this so much. The atmosphere is so different compared to celebrating it in Malaysia. Rym said that in her home country, Eidulfitr is more about eating sweets while in Malaysia it is about serving all kinds of different foods. That's why most of the shops opened in Lakemba on that day were only bakery shops. Even the way the takbir was uttered (Lakemba Mosque) was also different. It sounded more like celebrating a victory and not so melancholic like the way that I had always heard. And to see people from all walks of life regardless of their age, race, colour and gender all got together for the prayer really shows that Allah does what He wills.He made people leave their home to praise him. Beautiful indeed if the Ummah is always unites not only during Eid prayer, but all the time.

I miss to celebrate Eid in Malaysia, but I also love the celebration here. I guess tidak melampau kalau dikatakan this is the first time I understand about the hakikat sambutan 1 Syawal itu. Insya-Allah.
Only Allah knows.




No comments: