Friday, October 19, 2007

these days

These days, I do less reading. Not that I'm lazy to read or don't have time. I kinda have lots of free time at the moment. It's just that I'm afraid to strain my brain with all the input without any changes at all in me.
I want what I know through reading and learning affect my characteristic, my behaviour, my personality and myself. It's really hard. You have no idea how much I need to struggle knowing that I have too many bad habits that needs to be changed.
Is this the right way? I really hope so. I remember during the prophet Muhammad SAW's time, the sahabah actually learnt few verses to be practised before going about learning the other Quranic verses.
Now I understand it this way, it's not about learning in order to improve your intelligence and knowledge, it is about 'berilmu untuk beramal'.
~~~
A system which is built based on man-made ideology will always has holes on it. That's why I don't really read critiques on politics. Democracy, the adopted system worldwide, is always seen as the solution for all troubles of mankind. But, it is obviously not.
We still see corruptions. So, it's not a solution at all.
Rather than criticizing the system, I feel what we, as someone who understand the religion, need to do is to spread the only system that pleases the Almighty, the path of Islam. Muhammad Qutb said in his book, 'Misconception about Islam', the only way to spread Islam is not by defending it, it is by introducing it. To introduce Islam, the basic thing is to teach people to have a strong faith (akidah) in Allah (and I'm still learning about this). Without understanding this basic aspect, no use at all teaching people about the other branches of Islam. And a strong faith is the driving force that causes human-beings to reject all kinds of belief and ideology other than Islam.

No comments: