Friday, October 26, 2007

lega
Alhamdulillah, I'm done with my microteaching. Even though it was not how I want it to be, but still I am satisfied now that the burden is less. My task was asking the students to argue about a qoutation by a famous person. As I was too nervous I forgot to do some of the things that i'd already outlined in the lesson plan. I even exceeded the timing of the lesson. Marianne seemed to be okay with that maybe because I looked really nervous. One of the things why I chose to do the lesson is to encourage my students to think. I want my students to be thinkers. Maybe I'm not a really good teacher, but I really hope regular practises when I'm in the teaching profession will help.
At times, i felt that I don't posses that natural talent or traits of a real teacher, but I'm so optimistic that it can be atttained through lots of practice.
Although things did not work according to what it's planned, I believe it was becuase Allah wants to tell me that the efforts that I had put in was not enough. Redha.
These were the qoutations that I used in the instructions.
“Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing worth knowing can be taught.”
OSCAR WILDE (1854-1900) Irish playwright/dramatist

“It takes a long time to become young.”
PABLO PICASSO (1881-1973) Spanish artist
“Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
OPRAH WINFREY (1954- ) US TV personality

“We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall flight them on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.”
WINSTON CHURCHILL (1874-1965) British politician

“When you are as great as I am, it is hard to be humble.”
MUHAMMAD ALI (1942 -) US Boxer

“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.”
ALBERT EINSTEIN (1879-1955) German scientist

“Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.”
BILL GATES ( 1955- ) US Businessman

“Now we live in a world where man has walked on the moon. It’s not a miracle; we just decided to go.”
TOM HANKS (1956- ) US actor

“What luck for the rulers that men do not think.”
ADOLF HITLER (1889-1945) German leader

“God is the friend of silence. See how nature-trees, flowers, grass grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence…we need silence to touch souls.”
MOTHER THERESA (1910-1997) Nun and humanitarian

“That is one small step for man and one giant step for mankind.”
NEIL ARMSTRONG (1930- ) Astronaut

“I came I saw I conquered.”
JULIUS CEASAR (100-44 BC) Roman leader

“There are more duties than time available, so help others benefiting from their time and if you have a task, do it in the shortest possible time.”
HASSAN AL-BANNA Founder of Muslim Brotherhood

3 comments:

Rosyada said...

farah, i think u did a great job in your microteaching!

it did get us to think. sungguh KBKK :p

and you didn't seem nervous. in fact, i thought u looked really confident :)

i'm sure u'll be a great teacher!
:)

Far Azmi said...

jzk Syada!

thx a lot for volunteering.. yes u and tasha! wanee & hannah juga!

;)

Anonymous said...

don't be so hard on yourself. =p