Friday, June 27, 2008

A Confession of a Stressful Teacher-Trainee

It hurts when you want to at least teach something successfully but you can't do that because of you being you.

The pain can be healed (I'm the type of person who won't keep pain for long), but it is stressful to think that you haven't fulfilled your responsibility as a teacher. You don't want to only sit in front of the students without having them understand your lesson. It's not learning!

It is also sad that you cannot be someone inspiring to the students.
It's even harder when the students are better than you.

It is the time you will start asking? Am I choosing the wrong career? I don't mind the pain or the workload, they are worth it if I am able to teach my students the way they deserve. But I hate the pressure, the stress, the workload when everything is fruitless, when I couldn't achieve anything in the end.

But it's only first week. I hope I will progress. Hope I can change from a stressful teacher trainee to a successful teacher trainee by the end of this prac. Amin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* ukhtiku!,
dont be so stressful! what doesnt kill u makes u stronger!

Kami memohon kepada Mu, agar Engkau memperbaiki segala urusan kami, dan jangan tinggalkan kami sendirian walaupun pada kadar sekelip mata…

semoga Dia mempermudahkan urusanmu.

:)

Anonymous said...

*hugs* ukhtiku!,
dont be so stressful! what doesnt kill u makes u stronger!

Kami memohon kepada Mu, agar Engkau memperbaiki segala urusan kami, dan jangan tinggalkan kami sendirian walaupun pada kadar sekelip mata…

semoga Dia mempermudahkan urusanmu.

:)

Rosyada said...

farah...

"am i cut out to be a teacher?"

i have my doubts as well... and my fair share of the stress.

but inshaAllah, things will get better. baru 1st week kan?.

surely, we'll improve and be the kind of teacher that we want to be :)

Jarod Yong said...

Having a difficult time getting students to learn does not reflect bad teaching or stupid students.

You just need to find a that little something that your students respond to!
I did!
And I'm glad I did it so early!
=D

Far Azmi said...

thanks a lot to all of you!
i've met my supervisor and she said that every teacher will have to go through this phase, it's just that now it's our turn!