Saturday, June 09, 2007

An Amazing Story

"The one book that I really remember was of people going for Hajj. I remember thinking how beautiful the women looked, even though this concept of covering up was completely foreign to me and seemed rather silly. I would go all the way downtown just to look at the pictures in this book. I didn't understand what this Hajj was, but the look of serenity that these women seemed to reflect was amazing."


" This halaqah became the foundation for my Islamic knowledge. Every week we met for a few hours. We always had work to present, books to read, notes to take, things to learn. We also had a lot of fun. This halaqah not only gave me the roots and confidence I needed, but it also developed a strong sense of sisterhood among us. They were truly my family. We stayed together for years, until I got married and moved away." - Aishah Cook

You can view the whole article here,

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1180421210223&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam%2FDIELayout

No comments: