Saturday, July 26, 2008

Self-confidence

Alhamdulillah, today I’ve learned a lesson that self-confidence is about reliance on Allah. When you have faith in Allah you will have the strength to encounter any problems that come along your way.


Self-confidence is not about self-sufficient. Humans no matter how strong they appear don’t have to right to deny that it is God that makes them the way they are and that He decides whatever outcomes He likes for our effort in doing something that is difficult and challenging for us.


Of course as humans there’ll be times we fail, but that doesn’t mean Allah purposely did that because He wants to humiliate us or whatever but this is one of His ways of testing His slaves. Men, when granted with something pleasing to the eye and heart, they tend to deviate from remembrance of Allah. Therefore, failure makes one to return back to the right path again.


At times, failure makes one feeling like committing suicides. But when we ponder deeply about our life, shame on us that we actually have too many things to be grateful compared to those failures that can be counted.


For this moment of time in my life, I have to say I don’t like the way things work. I feel like having to encounter 2,3 problems when most people around me may only need to focus on one difficulty only. As a result I questioned, ‘why these so easy things to others are so difficult to me?’


But then, I’ve found that everything as a result of this situation seems to amaze me in many ways. I was fascinated by God’s plan. He really tests His slaves according to their best capacity.


Even though at first I don’t like to be tested this way, but soon I’ve discovered a valuable something that keeps me going on. A treasure that keeps me alive.

No comments: