Sunday, September 28, 2014

Of FB and IG

I deactivated my Facebook account 2 years ago. Today, I logged in to FB just to find out that one of my friends whom I know suffered a few problems in her previous relationships is finally married. And the solemnization was today.

But I'm not going to talk about my friend.
After almost 2 years of absence from FB, it was a strange feeling to be on FB again. It felt as if I was in another country. Reading other people's status, it's quite addictive but time consuming. FB is still the same place just like how I left it years ago. The same FB friends keep posting the same kind of status in which I am tempted to conclude that FB is not really a place for me. I might not change that much but I just can't feed my mind reading about other people's lives. Yep, I'm active in Instagram but it's different because I can choose whom I want to follow and IG to me is a platform for photography. I do share some of my personal stuffs but not that much compared to if I'm on FB.

I'm so sorry Facebook. You're fun but I need my time wasted of browsing you years ago to be spent for gardening and reading.
And I'm happier without you. I don't know how to explain but this is sadly, a fact.

No comments: