Friday, March 06, 2015

Fly little butterflies

It was one happy day for me. I saw the analysis which showed a drop in English's GPS, but that couldn't stop me from grinning from ear to ear. Students came and thanked me all smiling although they didn't get even an A- for English. Those with A+, smiling at me from far and we straight away took selfies together- our favourite activity in class. That would be, perhaps our last selfie pic together.

No words could express how proud am I to be their teacher. They are my products. I've taught them for many years and they are the first batch in my teaching career that I got to educate for 4 years straight. The longest duration of time ever in my teaching history. So suffice to say, who they are now, I was one of the teachers who shape and mould them. Their SPM results are so good and I believe brighter future awaits them.

The thing that I was so sad about is the fact that one of them was not here to see his result. He was involved in an accident a month ago and passed away on the same day. I tried to hide my tears when I saw his parents and his still very little siblings came to take his result, feeling proud because he scored a very good result that is, 6A (PHYSICS, BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, ADD MATH, MATH, PI), 2B+ (BM, BI) And 1B (HISTORY). His father even came bringing prayer mats and according to him, it was his son's wish to donate those prayers mats using his first salary working at a restaurant to the school's musolla. This story of his reminds me that we always need to have good intentions and if possible let our loved ones know as we might not know when will we return to God. In his case, he has secured his own 'saham akhirah' because of his good intention.


No comments: