Saturday, November 17, 2007

Of black tudung and jihad
"The Muslim fundamentalist: An unscrupulous, uneducated, uncultured, archaic, bloodthirsty, woman-hating, economically deprived, politically frustrated Muslim terrorist, loaded with guns and bombs…This monstrous creature has eyes fixed on one single enemy target: America and its lovely peace-loving, democratic, scientifically minded, highly ethical, spontaneously moral prosperous citizens" - Fatima Mernissi
*Curik from someone's facebook.
Yesterday, I was walking alone to Macquarie Center and was about to cross the road when suddenly the traffic light turned to red. So, I stopped and all out of a sudden there's one bald OZ guy in his 40s I reckon, shouting out 'Jihad!' to me. Poor guy. Didn't he know 'jihad' is one of the human's purpose of life. But, certainly it was obvious that he doesn't know.
Well, this was not the first time I'd experienced this. I used to get more negative remarks than that but thank Allah never did those people do any harm to me physically. Just verbal assaults so far. And one thing I noticed such incidents usually happened when I had my black hijab on. Ada apa dengan hitam? Do I look like a demon or something?
That's one of the bitter fruits of living in Australia but I kinda thankful that I've got the oppurtunity to experience these. I mean what is life if it's ONLY about things that you like?

2 comments:

rienmiel said...

"what is life if it's ONLY about things that you like?"

lyke that quote..
that's so true...

** hitam itu menawan =)

Rosyada said...

hitam itu menawan??? lol