Monday, March 19, 2007

6 Hal-hal Aneh Tentang Diriku
Oh, I've been tagged. The game is you have to list 6 weird things about yourself. This is hard as I don't know which part of me is weird. Weird is subjective you know. Usually, a true creep or a weirdo doesn't know that they are weird. This is what I think based on my experience during the years of schooling. Well, btw below is what I think is weird about myself. But it may not be weird to some people. Again, it's subjective ppl! Ok, let's start with the first one
1. I have this quotation pasted on my softboard, "Orang yang bijak adalah orang yang mengerjakan apa yang orang bodoh akan mengerjakannya3 hari kemudian - Abdullah Ibnu Mubarak". Ok this isn't weird. But the thing is I have this habit of not sleeping for 1 or 2 days before the assignments' datelines. I'm a real professional procrastinator. You can count on me seriously. But really each time looking at the quotation during the sleepless nights of accomplishing my assignments really makes me feel not 'bijak' enough aka stupid. But never did I learned from it. But this new sem, I have a resolution, which is to cure this 'lemau' disease. Pray that I will my dear friends.
2. This isn't a weird thing about myself. But I keep thinking about it each time Pamela or Verna mention the word 'Bahasa'. until now i am still wondering why most of the non-speaker of Malay especially the lecturers here in Macquarie Uni term the Malay language as 'Bahasa'. It's funny as the real meaning of 'Bahasa' is 'language'. Instead of calling it 'Malay Language', they call it 'Bahasa'. This also happens in academic books as well. However it is still acceptable if the writer is a non-native speaker of Malay and do not understand a single Malay at all. I once came across an advertisement in the newspaper about academic workbook. One of the books for the BM subject is entitled as 'Bahasa for secondary level'. The problem here is, the writer is Malay (Aminah something if i'm not mistaken). I'm confused and at the same time annoyed as this teacher is the one who contaminate the language. Well, there's no harm giving it the exact title. Until now, I still can't accept why Malay Language is being called 'Bahasa' here. How I wish I can correct them.
3. I hate being forced to do serious tasks. I admit I dislike reading academic books if I am forced to. Like when we have exams or lectures, by no means we have to read them, right? But I don't feel motivated doing so. However, during other times, for example when the book is the last sem's ones, I can read them happily if I am willing to.
4. There are some valuable and must-do things that I learned due to the urgency of one thing but I haven't practised them all yet. Allah, grant me strengh.
5. The fact that I've spent over 20 years of my life idolising things which do not bring any benefit at all makes up one aspect of my weirdness. I didn't dare to elaborate more. But thank God, for this enlightenment. Nothing in this whole world can replace it.
6. Er, what else.. erm just somehing short and sweet. I'm a left-handed. Weird? No? Yeah I know. Ok, It's alright. I just can't think of anything weird about me anymore. I think that's it. Oh.. *relief*
Well, since Fariza has tagged most of my fellow Macquarians friends... I want to tag those who are not Macquarians.They are:
-Ainee Adnan
-Rosyada Sulaiman (er one Macquarians here but no one has tagged Syada kn?)
-Ikhwan Nazri
-The Influence
Buatlah kalau kamu semua punya masa lapang.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

farah, being a leftie is considered weird ke?huhu

your no.5 gave me a "slight" punch in the face

Far Azmi said...

hihi yeah i know it's not weird unless i am ambidextrous then only it cn be considered weird..

huhu no.5?
very weird kan.. indeed indeed..