Wednesday, May 02, 2007

because of You
I haven't started writing the assignment on effective teaching which is due this Friday. I don't know why I'm like this. Lack of motivation maybe. As I read some of the materials for the assignments, I came across a topic on motivation among higher education students. When I read that, I feel like the situation really depicts mine. My current situation I mean.
Well, intrinsic motivation is all that I needed. Intrinsic motivation is about having interest to do something. While extrinsic is more about fear, for example in managing a classroom. It is universally acknowledged that motivation plays a major role that drives one to do something. No matter what we are doing, it is important to ask ourselves what is the thing that motivates us?
For a Muslim, it is sad if the motivation comes from things other than God. This is what I'm always afraid of. The fear that I might be doing this, or chose to do this because of things other than God. A Fear that I might be lying to my own self. Doing something for other purposes, That would be the most tragic thing and fruitless, indeed. As the purpose of a human is to serve God, meaning that all actions should be directed towards achieving His blessings and pleasing Him.

O Allah, grant me strength.

No comments: