Sunday, May 06, 2007

Nyawa di hujung tanduk
I've been wanting to write this since long time ago. But being lazy plus the workload, thank God for the oppurtunity to write about it today. One of the incidents that I will never forget is the time when we're heading to Kawa Kawa for a quad biking activity. The journey from Auckland to Kawa Kawa was a smooth-sailing one until out of a sudden the car that we're in went out of control. It was spinning on the road, left and right and we just didn't know what to do except waiting for what's going to happen next. In my mind I kept thinking what is going to be the end of this? On that moment, only one thing I had in mind.. DEATH. It's weird that I just have no idea what to do besides waiting. I tried to utter the syahadah, but it turned out that I said 'astaghfirulllah' instead of syahadah. Then, after being nervous and had no idea what's going to become of us, my friend, Iyce, the driver made a very immediate action to make the car stopped by letting it crashed to the side of the road. Alhamdulillah, nothing horrible happened to us. It's just a few damage at the bumper. Alhamdulillah that during the incident, there were no cars on the other side of the road. Or otherwise, we just.. pheww. It's also good that we're not on hilly area or the situation could have been worse, perhaps.

There were 3 cars behind us, stopped to help us. One of them said that we're very lucky, being the witnesses of the incident, I bet they know the consequence should have been worse. But this is what Allah has already planned. He decided that it is not our time yet. Reflecting back, I don't know, if really I was fated to die on that day, am I really prepared for it? What if during the time of the accident, I was thinking about something other than Him. Like the eagerness to do the biking or perhaps listening to something which is not a remembrance towards Him? Perhaps He want this to happen to us as a reminder that we should always alter our intention during the journey. That He wants me to always remember that the journey is not only about fun, it should be something that can draw me nearer towards Him.

The incident, quite a spoiler that for the first few days in NZ, I feel like wanting to go back to OZ asap. Trauma! Made me feel that it was a mistake to do the road trip in NZ as I think we should opt for a public transportation instead. But after a while, I started to enjoy the journey, as the road trip actually enables me to see more of north island of NZ and Subhanallah, there were just too many amazing and miraculous creations of God, which makes you feel like an ant crawling on the ground of earth which seems like forever to reach the destination. This is the way in which road trip benefits you, it enables you to stop at anywhere you want. One of the amazing things in NZ are the Green Lake and the Blue Lake. They are actually two different lakes, but they are next to each other. It's just amazing that how they can be in two different colours. Subhanallah. They're just beautiful and yeah beautiful. Thanks so much to Iyce for her patience driving all the way from Auckland to Wellington :) It's not easy to drive on NZ road. I think they are more hazardous than Highways in Malaysia. I would say ours is better.

At least the incident taught me something, that you'll never know on what land you'll die and at what time. And you'll never know how the end of your life will be. I hope that I will die as a Muslim and that I will have my soul departed from my body during the moment when Allah is pleased with me and that He had forgive all my sins. Amin.

"Ya Allah, jadikan kebaikan itu pada penghujung umurku. Ya Allah, jadikan amalku itu adalah redha-Mu. Ya Allah, jadikan saat yang terbaik adalah saat menemui-Mu."

No comments: