Sunday, February 09, 2014

Why I Love Instagram

I have been using Instagram for almost 3 years and it is my favourite social networking site to an extent that it makes me feel like I don't need Facebook (and I did quitted Facebook last year). I don't really use Instagram to share about my personal everyday life, but it is more of like a platform to showcase how I view life in general, things that I love and to improve to way I take photos. Why I love Instagram?

 1. Friends from all over the world - I never thought that I would be friends with people who are models, writer etc. Even though we only communicate through  pictures but it's heart-warming when they do care about you, for example,my absence from Instagram for a few days. Last year, I posted lots of pictures of my Japanese trip and because of the pictures, I got myself Japanese followers and they even appreciate the way I took pics of their country.

2. It's peaceful. - This really depends on who do you follow. I choose to follow people who share photos of their beautiful country and beautiful family. Most of them are mothers. Among my favorite are @confettis from Sweden, @mimithor from France, @seasthemoment from US. I really adore the way they took photograph and how mesmerizing to be able to live in such countries as it seems as if they live in Paradise. These instagrammers have also inspired me to be a mother like they do. Some mothers that I know, tend to only focus on their kids after having them and neglecting the fact that they do need time to enjoy and pamper themselves. These mother on Instagram really take some time to do what they like. Apart from that, in Instagram, there is no debate on politics but people who keep complimenting each others' photos without any hatred or prejudice despite the different skin colours and different faith. That's what I love the most. No one is judgemental. But like I said earlier it depends on whom do you follow. It's a different story if you follow politicians.

3. It's a place to show your so-called artistic skills in photography. - I'm not saying that I'm good at taking photos but I have to admit that I've learned a great deal from Instagram on how to capture photos and edit them. Some of these famous Instagrammers are never reluctant to share knowledge on taking pics like theirs. I've also learned from Instagram editing apps that I should use and my personal favourite at the moment is VSCOCam. It's a great app that can help to make your photos more elegant.

So these are the reasons why I love Instagram and I'm not sure until how long it will remain my number one social networking site. This site proves that we're all connected despite the differences.

1 comment:

Al-Manar said...

Not having much to do I decided to blog-hop. The name Kuala Tengganu and Bukit Besar increased my interest. You are a teacher where I have been trying to be one.

I truly wish you had your email on the blog as I do on mine - to give readers/visitors the chance to say things without causing distress. Anyway I will say just briefly that I would like to come again to get to know you, being from the same state if not town.

This is a Salaam for a start. I live by the beach on the way to Batu Rakit. There are two of us, old couple, most of the time except during school holidays when the house can be bursting.

Drop me a line if you wish. I welcome that.